Testosterone is a crucial hormone which controls male physical appearance. Testosterone is produced majorly in the male sex organs (testicles) and adrenal glands (only in a small amount).
The testosterone level in the male body reaches their peak when they begin to enter puberty, its a sex hormone which turns a boy into an adult male. Results can be seen in various forms like:
- The growth of facial and body hairs
- Deepening of voice
- Growth of penis and testicles
- Bone gets stronger
- Muscle development
Generally, testosterone levels stay at its peak till the age of 30 and then it continues to go down after the age of 30. Pituitary glands control the level of testosterone level in the male body, when your testosterone level gets low, these pituitary glands send signals to testes to create more testosterone.
Who Needs Test Booster Supplements
Now the question is, do you need to take testosterone boosters?
Fact is, anyone can experience low testosterone levels, here are some of the reasons for low testosterone levels.
- Hormonal disorders.
- Age factor (if you are 30+).
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Excess consumption of alcohol.
- Environmental pollution.
- Injury to the testicles.
- Testicular cancer or treatment for testicular cancer.
- Chronic liver or kidney disease.
- Type 2 diabetes.
So basically, there are lots of reasons to have low levels of testosterone, if you are experiencing constant fatigue, depletion of power, poor strength, difficulty in gaining muscle then testosterone might be the number one reason.
Two Types Of Testosterone Boosters
Let’s divide testosterone boosters into two categories A) Natural testosterone boosters B) Anabolic testosterone boosters.
Natural testosterone boosters:
These type of supplements contains all natural ingredients that can be found naturally. Nature has blessed us with plenty of herbs and minerals that can assist in improving the testosterone levels.
Anabolic testosterone boosters(Anabolic steroids):
In simple terms, Anabolic testosterone boosters are synthetic, or human-made, variations of the male sex hormone testosterone. They were first created to treat patients with a serious medical condition.
Because of the drastic muscle-building effects, Anabolic steroids are greatly used by competitive bodybuilders. These boosters contain synthetic chemicals that boost-up the testosterone levels up to 20 times higher than normal values.
You should never take these unless your doctor has prescribed these or you want to make a career into competitive bodybuilding.
How Do Natural Testosterone Boosters Work?
Natural testosterone boosters are no magic, there is a lot of science involves. Here is how they work:
- Stimulating effects: Many herbs have the ability to stimulate the pituitary gland to send signals for testosterone production.
- Stress relieve: Stress is one of the biggest enemies of body testosterone, young men experience low testosterone because of excessive stress levels. Many natural herbs work to reduce stress which leads to better production of testosterone.
- Estrogen blockers: Estrogen and testosterone have totally opposite nature, testosterone levels cant grow in presence of high estrogen levels. Some of the testosterone booster supplements contain active estrogen blockers which clear the path of testosterone production.
Common Ingredients Of Test Booster Supplement
It’s also known as gokshura, it’s one of the most common ingredients of testosterone boosting supplements.
It’s known to improve the sleep quality which leads to the production of growth hormones and improves libido.
Fenugreek does not have straight testosterone boosting capabilities, it helps the other testosterone boosters by suppressing the estrogen levels and stress from the body. Fenugreek also assist in balancing cholestrol levels, burns fat and improves the liver health.,
One of the most famous testosterone booster that is found in hights of Himalayas.
Shilajit is rich in fulvic acid and has the ability to increase natural testosterone levels in the body.
It proved to show positive effects in the development of muscle mass, stronger bones, and improved libido.
Boron is a vital trace mineral found in several testosterone supporters in the market. It has the potential to improve test levels while suppressing estrogen levels in the body. Boron is found beneficial for speeding up recovery.
D-Aspartic Acid has been known to increase libido and sex drive as well as fertility in infertile men.
A combination of zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6, ZMA is more commonly used as a recovery supplement that claims to facilitate better sleep and promote muscle growth.
Precautions and side-effects
Side-effects of Anabolic steroids:
A person can experience severe side effects like:
- Severe acne, oily skin.
- Hair loss.
- Liver disease.
- Kidney damage.
- Heart diseases, such as heart attack and stroke.
- Mood swings, irritability, increased aggression.
- Depression or suicidal tendencies.
- Elevation in cholesterol levels.
Anabolic steroids are not Bro Science, never use them without an expert with professional understanding.
Precautions with Natural test boosters.
There are few precautions that need to be followed before you start supplementing with a testosterone booster. Here is a list of few precautions:
- Beware of fake supplements, buy them from authentic sources only.
- Opt for only highly trusted brands, search for brands that are producing FDA approves supplements.
- Don’t overdose. It’s not healthy to consume more than a prescribed serving.
- Large doses can create issues, and even normal doses may interfere with certain prescription medications.
- Anabolic Test booster should be taken under your doctor’s supervision only.
Can You Boost Them Without Supplements?
Yes, you can.
Following a clean diet and regular exercise can help you bring low testosterone to normal levels.
Heavy compound movements (squats, deadlifts, bench press) and HIIT (High-intensity interval training) are particularly found to boost the test levels naturally.
Should You Try Them?
Trying natural test boosters does not require you a doctor’s prescription unless you are having some serious medical conditions.
Natural boosters are prepared with the naturally occurring herbs that do not have any negative side effects when consumed in the recommended dosage.
Thanks for reading. Questions are welcomed in the comments as always. This site contains affiliate links as well as general health and fitness information. Please read my Medical Disclaimer and Writing Disclaimer for more information.